Welcome! It's wonderful to see you here!

I'm a passionate writer - and therefore spend most of my time writing thriller novels. But I also live an interesting life in the nations. This blog is here for that aspect of my life - our life - I live with my wonderful wife and two daughters.

I believe in encouragement. I live for obedience. I believe in learning from our experiences, and this blog exists for both of those, and more.

So that you stay connected, getting every new update, please add your email address to receive all updates directly, or follow the RSS feed.

I was part of the leadership team in St Petersburg, Russia - which planted Hope Church in 2009.(www.hopechurchstpetersburg.com).
In March 2012 Hope Church sent my family to plant into Tallinn, the Capital of Estonia. I therefore lead this small but growing church plant team. Here is the website for Hope Tallinn (www.hopetallinn.ee)

For details on our journey here, read the series called Adventures of Faith which is linked for you on the right hand column, just below. That details our original journey to Russia and then onto Tallinn 4 years later.

Author for fiction novels - Cherry Picking (2012), The Last Prophet (2015), The Tablet (2015) and The Shadow Man (2016) are available on all major bookselling sites. Please visit: www.timheathbooks.com

Some want to help in practical ways:



Monday, January 26, 2009

Life & Times - Part 7

I'm so well aware that I've not written much on this blog at all for so long. Of course that doesn't mean not much has been happening - quite the opposite in reality, which is probably why I haven't written on this blog for so long...

Many people I guess have access to our Facebook group and so therefore you have no doubt been receiving our regular updates. If you aren't on the group but want to stay in touch, do seek us out. The group is call Tim & Rachel to Russia.

Pressing into the end of January now in many ways I am amazed at how dark is HASN'T been and how cold it HASN'T been. Our anticipation and even apprehension before coming here was certainly much darker and colder than the actual reality of being here.

Yes, clearly it was much darker and colder that the UK, but not as much as we had feared. And once we're wrapped up, the cold was OK. The coldest we think it dropped to in the day so far is about -12, with night times down to -16. And even the dark was kind of nice to be inside, though it does make the mornings harder a little, as it looks like its only 4am and in fact its 10am or something!

But the truth is is that I found this season wonderfully beautiful. When it snows heavy, I praise God. It's so amazing to walk in such snow, each flake a unique example of God's creativity. And for New Year to be down by the river at midnight and to see such an amazing firework display above the frozen river Neva was something I'll always remember.

I've been writing a lot though as well, just not on my blog. With the language lessons stopped for the holiday, I managed to finished the first draft of my novel, detailed on by sister (brother?) blog linked to this one. Why am I writing? Well, its a passion of mine and something that has opened up since being here. Using my free time, of which at the moment I have more of than I ever did when in the UK, I aim to finish the book to get it ready for publishing, testing that whole career route as a means to be financially viable in the years to come when our support ends.

So I am excited and prayerful about what that might lead too?!

Every blessing,
Tim

No comments: