Welcome! It's wonderful to see you here!

I'm a passionate writer - and therefore spend most of my time writing thriller novels. But I also live an interesting life in the nations. This blog is here for that aspect of my life - our life - I live with my wonderful wife and two daughters.

I believe in encouragement. I live for obedience. I believe in learning from our experiences, and this blog exists for both of those, and more.

So that you stay connected, getting every new update, please add your email address to receive all updates directly, or follow the RSS feed.

I was part of the leadership team in St Petersburg, Russia - which planted Hope Church in 2009.(www.hopechurchstpetersburg.com).
In March 2012 Hope Church sent my family to plant into Tallinn, the Capital of Estonia. I therefore lead this small but growing church plant team. Here is the website for Hope Tallinn (www.hopetallinn.ee)

For details on our journey here, read the series called Adventures of Faith which is linked for you on the right hand column, just below. That details our original journey to Russia and then onto Tallinn 4 years later.

Author for fiction novels - Cherry Picking (2012), The Last Prophet (2015), The Tablet (2015) and The Shadow Man (2016) are available on all major bookselling sites. Please visit: www.timheathbooks.com

Some want to help in practical ways:



Friday, May 20, 2011

The Ten Biggest Influences in my life: 7 - David Devenish

I wonder if in time David will move up the list as I get more and more influenced by his life, his witness and his input that I'm exposed to by being in Russia.

But this man up to now has already had a great impact - not only here on the ground in Russia, where he lived for a few months in our first year and has also visited many times since, speaking to large crowds or just a few of us, but he was also influential in my earlier days too - and especially when I first encountered him properly, which was at that Stoneleigh Bible Week I made reference to from 1999 in my last entry.

Not only had he preached the greatest most powerful preach I remember (Ezekiel 37 - Valley of Dry Bones - if you were there, you'll know what I mean!), it was also in response to the things he said that I went forward, moved by the thought of the nations, but not knowing what that meant - and then, ever so powerfully and clearly, God gave me that vision of the map of Russia which brought me here...in the end. He got me thinking about the nations. He stirred me. And his prophetic gift inspired me to press through, to step out myself and to have a go. This was also especially true after this week following a word from another huge influencer in my life, who is yet to appear on this list...but will soon.

So David has had an impact & influence on my life. I love his hunger to keep going, to reach nations and plant churches. It's infectious! But for his involvement in that week, and since, maybe my life would be rather different now. So for that, I honour you!

Entries so far;
9
8

No comments: