Welcome! It's wonderful to see you here!

I'm a passionate writer - and therefore spend most of my time writing thriller novels. But I also live an interesting life in the nations. This blog is here for that aspect of my life - our life - I live with my wonderful wife and two daughters.

I believe in encouragement. I live for obedience. I believe in learning from our experiences, and this blog exists for both of those, and more.

So that you stay connected, getting every new update, please add your email address to receive all updates directly, or follow the RSS feed.

I was part of the leadership team in St Petersburg, Russia - which planted Hope Church in 2009.(www.hopechurchstpetersburg.com).
In March 2012 Hope Church sent my family to plant into Tallinn, the Capital of Estonia. I therefore lead this small but growing church plant team. Here is the website for Hope Tallinn (www.hopetallinn.ee)

For details on our journey here, read the series called Adventures of Faith which is linked for you on the right hand column, just below. That details our original journey to Russia and then onto Tallinn 4 years later.

Author for fiction novels - Cherry Picking (2012), The Last Prophet (2015), The Tablet (2015) and The Shadow Man (2016) are available on all major bookselling sites. Please visit: www.timheathbooks.com

Some want to help in practical ways:



Friday, May 20, 2011

The Ten Biggest Influences in my life: 8 - Matthew Hosier

Matt Hosier, as he was to me then, was one of my leaders at Sidcup Community Church (as it also was then!) as well as part of the team that led Revive at Stoneleigh Bible Week (as it used to be......but is also no more).

Stoneleigh 1999 had been a very big week for me. It had been my first Stoneleigh and that week probably had seen the biggest impact any week has ever had in my life. It also first put me in contact with two other Top Tenner's, yet to feature in this list.

After all that happened then, I returned to Sidcup, working in London as I did then, but talking things through with this then much younger guy called Matt. I shared what had happened that week. I shared how God had called me to Russia (and 11 years on, I am typing this in St Petersburg, having nearly been here for 3 years already!). I also shared how God had first said I should go to Manchester and do something called the Frontier Year Project (as it was then!!!)

I think it was clear I was going to do the Year Project, but maybe doing it at Sidcup seemed easier for me. But Matt knew a guy, part of the team at Revive named Andy Davies (I think he now also is officially an Andrew, though will always remain an Andy to me!!). Andy was just moving within Manchester to another part, in Stockport.

And so the connection was made with me and Manchester, and a year later, off I went.

I think I was only a part of Sidcup church for about a year and eight months, and didn't have loads of contact with Matt. But that helping me in the right direction, being that important part of the puzzle that got me to where I am sitting today, which itself is just the first step in a much bigger plan (watch this space!) means that Matt had a significant influence in my life, and for that, I honour you!

And I'll call you Matthew if you'd prefer, from now on....lol...

Entries so far:

9

1 comment:

Matthew Hosier said...

Thanks Tim (or should that be Timothy?! - actually, I have no strong preference about whether people call me Matt or Matthew, so don't worry about it!).

This is the kind of unexpected and kind post that is a real joy and blessing to read. I tend to look back and see lots of things I've not done so well, so it is wonderful to read that I got something right in your case.

And Re.vive '99... ah, happy days!

Keep up the good work!